Happy Monday everyone!
I hope your week is off to a great start. The sun is shining and the sky is blue and things will warm up this week, so I know it’ll be a great week!
I wanted to do a quick review of the trending styles for this spring. I have mentioned them in various posts, but have seen some of my fellow bloggers posting a list, which is a good idea. So here it is:
- Floral patterns are big this spring, whether on dark or light backgrounds and in many colors
- Stripes continue to trend in tops, blouses, skirts, dresses, and jackets
- Off-the-shoulder tops, often in stripes, are hot right now
- Fluted, bell, cold-shoulder, and other sleeve types are everywhere
- Blues in all tones, from light to indigo, are found in many looks
- Blush pink will be seen in dresses, sweaters, tops, bags, and shoes and are also trending for weddings, once again
- Neutral shades for handbags and shoes are being seen everywhere
- Mules, loafers, and booties are trending for shoes
- Denim seems to always be in style, and jean jackets, embellished or plain and in many lengths, are everywhere
- Jeans are trending in ripped and plain styles, embellished or colored, and with frayed hems. Styles range from low-rise to high-waisted, so there is a style to flatter every one of us!
So, for this and the next two posts, I will be sharing my version of floral for spring.
Today I am styling a pink bell-sleeve top from TJ Maxx. It has two layers of fabric. It’s made of a soft, chenille-like fabric with cotton slubs, much like dotted swiss. I was afraid it might be too much for me and would overwhelm my figure, but decided I liked it so much I didn’t care! What do you all think?
It’s a little windy today, as you can see in the photos. I am pairing the top with my Loft jeans that I cut off at the bottom. I decided I would be making use of some of my current wardrobe in order to achieve the frayed hems that are trending!
I added a blush pink tote that I also picked up at TJ Maxx for less than $30. I know I can use a tote for all kinds of things. I am also wearing my pink “snake” kitten heels as this top seemed to call for feminine shoes like heels.
I styled the look with sterling silver earrings with pink opals and a silver bracelet I bought in Mexico some time ago.You can see the double layers and the bell sleeves from the back.
After wearing this top for the photos, I’ve decided I really like it! It is such a soft, feminine piece that I felt good wearing, so this is definitely a keeper!
Thanks for stopping by my post. I hope you will check back in tomorrow. It really helps me when you Like or Share my posts, so I appreciate you taking the time to do so.