Well, it is definitely feeling like Fall here in SoCal. Well, if you can call 68-72 degrees Fall! But after all that summer heat, it is nice to be able to dress a bit Fall-ish. In honor of fall and October, I am sharing four steps to a foolproof Fall outfit.
While I’m sharing a couple new items you might want to add to your wardrobe, my guess is that you already have all you need to style this easy outfit. Ready to start?
Five Steps to a Foolproof Fall Outfit
When you are looking for an easy look to pull together on a beautiful–or not so beautiful fall–day, I’ve got just what you are looking for! Just follow these four steps and pull out the following items:
- A nice blazer in knit, wool, or polyester blend.
- Updated denim.
- A feminine blouse that you love.
- Your favorite booties.
- A colorful Fall scarf or statement jewelry piece.
Voila! This is absolutely THE foolproof Fall outfit. It’s easy to style. You already have most of what you need. (unless you are in the shopping mood, of course! Lol!) It feels right in almost any situation you find yourself–shopping, partying, dinner, movie, or even in some work environments! Yay!
The pieces in the foolproof fall outfit
- The blazer. While I have several lined, structured blazers in my closet, I tend to go for this unstructured style in a knit fabric. I have a couple of these as well, but this indigo blue is a newer piece that matches my more laid-back style.
- Updated denim. We’ve talked about this before, but if you haven’t yet invested in a pair of form-flattering jeans, now is the time. A good pair of jeans, whether designer or not, is the workhorse of your casual wardrobe.
- A feminine blouse is a perfect counterpoint to an otherwise basic outfit. It gives some balance to the structured pieces and creates interest. I know you already have several white blouses in your closet, so pull them out and take a look!
- A neutral pair of comfy booties turns any outfit into a fall look. As always, I go for comfort, and I absolutely love these “oak” suede pair with the open back and velcro side-closing. What is your favorite pair>
- The final piece ties the whole look together. Here, I opted for a colorful scarf. I love the combination of navy and orange. It just pops! Pick out your favorite fall scarf and either tie it around your neck, as I have here, or arrange it as you like to break up the somber color of the outfit. If you are not in the scarf mood, add an interesting statement necklace or earrings–or both! As my girlfriend Kathi says, wear all your “good” jewelry. Don’t save it for another day. Live in the moment!
While I am a bit monochromatic in this outfit, you can wear your favorite blazer in almost any color!
You can see how easy it is to style the perfect foolproof fall outfit. I would love to hear how you style yours!!
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read this post. I appreciate all of you more than I can say.