How do you style Valentine’s Day? Do you and your significant other go out for a romantic dinner? Or do you kick back at home with pizza and a movie on Netflix? Or, do you spend it with your very best friends? While it’s definitely not required, there are a lot of heart fashion ideas out there to celebrate this day.
As I wrote in previous Valentine’s Day posts, you don’t have to wear hearts. But the traditional colors are red and pink. Good thing, too, since that is such a stunning color combination!
I don’t typically wear lots of heart fashion for this day, but there are so many cute pieces available. And you don’t have to save them only for Valentine’s Day. After all, a graphic “Love” tee is something you can wear with jeans or shorts any time of year, right?
Heart Fashion Ideas for Valentine’s Day
Heart Fashion Ideas
I’ve had my eye on a few of these pieces. Here are brief descriptions and links for each.
- The heart print shirtdress is so cute. I definitely wouldn’t consign it for V-day only. Since I love the shirtdress style–it’s a good style for my body type–I would wear this dress to work with a blazer, with strappy sandals for dinner, and with sneakers and a denim jacket for a casual look.
- How cute is this My Dog is My Valentine tee? For all you dog lovers out there–like me–this one is so fun! You can wear this one whenever you feel like it! (It’s a junior size, so just size up.)
- The black and white heart sweater is an “eyelash” weave, meaning super soft and a bit on the fuzzy side. For Valentine’s Day, it would look cute with black pants or a red skirt and heels.
- The heart print scarf is cute if you just want to add a light touch. It would look adorable with a red sweater dress, like the one I styled in A Red Sweater Dress for the Holidays and Beyond, or even a red or pink sweater.
- Queen’s “Somebody To Love” tee just makes you want to sing! If you like Queen as much as I do, you have to have this one. And didn’t you love the Bohemian Rhapsody movie?
- Don’t you love this pretty Kate Spade scarf in black and white with pink hearts? You can style it in so many ways!
- The gold Kate Spade bracelet makes a lovely gift for a special lady in your life–or for you! It’s engraved with on the inside.
- Pearlized silver heart earrings are the kind of earrings you can wear anytime you feel like it. With anything you like.
- This black satin blouse with white hearts is so romantic with the gathered cuffs. Great with jeans anytime–as shown–or dress it up for a night out.
Of course, you don’t have to wear hearts to look festive for Valentine’s Day! Read on for some more ideas…
Other Ways to Style for Valentine’s Day
If hearts aren’t your thing, I’ll bet you can find plenty of pieces in your closet you can style and look just right for Valentine’s Day–however you celebrate it.
How about pink and red? Such a beautiful combination. Click on the image to read the posts.
Or pull out that leopard skirt in your closet. Just add a rich red blouse for instant style. Click on the image to read the post.
A deep wine-colored dress makes a dramatic statement if your Valentine’s celebration is on the formal side. Click on the image to read the post.
And finally, you can always style a kimono. How perfect is a kimono for a romantic stay-at-home Valentine’s celebration?
Click on the image to read the post.
The list of ideas goes on and on. And you don’t even have to wear red!! Shocker, I know! However you celebrate or don’t celebrate St. Valentine’s Day, pick up a piece of heart fashion–just for fun.